Court House was opened in 1924 in the old estate Farm House and was so named due to its proximity to the real tennis court. It relocated to an impressive new building in September 2002 looking out over Brook astroturf and the sports pitches at the South end of the Park.
Richard Salmon joined Canford in 2002 and was appointed housemaster in 2005. His wife, Katie, is a music teacher and they have two young children. Richard teaches History and is head of the Sixth Form General Studies programme. He has played national league hockey, coaches a variety of sports and has a particular passion for windsurfing. He has travelled widely and has a special interest in literary works on early twentieth century exploration.