In a year where the proportion of students receiving top grades was the lowest seen since 2007, Canford pupils have once again bucked the trend with excellent results at both A Level and Pre-U.
Vision, Aims & Ethos
To inspire young people to embrace learning in all its forms and to use their educational experience to make a real and positive difference to their own lives, and to the lives of others.
The vision is centred around five key pillars – Education, Pastoral Care, Leadership and Staff, School Character and Composition and Financial Strength – and is based on the following ethos and aims:
- A shared passion for learning and a genuine commitment to engaging with opportunity.
- Promoting commitment to the ongoing pursuit of excellence in an individual and a collective context.
- Educating pupils in the broadest sense so that they evolve as grounded, rounded, motivated and forward-looking people.
- Nurturing attributes which develop moral, responsible and creative people with good judgement and clear purpose.
- Ensuring that trust, mutual respect, encouragement and a strong work ethic are the means by which personal targets are set and reached.
- Recognising the importance of community and the engendering of a deep rooted sense of social responsibility in the context of Canford’s Christian origins and heritage, including respecting the abilities, views and dignity of others throughout the school community and in the wider world.