Canford places literacy at the heart of learning, Head of English, Richard Redwood, recommends inspiring reads for 16 year olds and the Canford library launches new systems to keep Canford Covid-secure.
REOPENING CANFORD SAFELY
Canford is committed to ensuring that the school campus reopens with all appropriate, Government-directed measures in place so that our pupils and staff onsite can live and work securely and safely.
On this page are links to key documents and latest updates. There is also a list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to get in touch via our dedicated email address email@example.com
This is a dynamic page and will be updated as guidance changes.
REOPENING PLANNING DOCUMENT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What measures are in place for social distancing?
- Will everyone onsite have to wear a face mask?
- WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL FACE MASKS MADE OF?
- What measures are in place for enhanced cleaning?
- Will all pupils and staff have daily health checks?
- What happens if someone onsite suspects they have Covid-19?
- What isolation arrangements are available?
- What happens if there is a case of Covid-19 onsite?
- Can pupils go into Wimborne at weekends?
- If I have a brother or sister in the school can I see them?
- Will pupils be split into households and/or bubbles?
- How will lessons be taught?
- Are there any curriculum changes?
- What co-curricular opportunities will be available?
- What activities will be offered to boarders in the evenings and weekends?
- Will there be any offsite trips?
- Will Community Action projects be running?
- What is the school's view about sport next term?
- What sports will be offered?
- How are you keeping sport Covid-safe?
- How will equipment be cleaned?
- Will you be using both indoor and outdoor sports facilities?
- Will there be any offsite sports fixtures?
- Is Saturday sport still happening?
- Are spectators allowed at sports matches?
- When will the sporting offering be reviewed?